Saturday, December 16, 2017

Judging Doors at MHS

On Friday, I was a "Christmas Door Decorating Judge" at Mesquite High School.  Principal Ken Fetter asked me if I would be willing to do this and of course I was!  It was so fun to go through the school with Ken and Chad Fitzgerald.  Chad is principal of the alternative high school in the district and was one of my wonderful teachers.

When I walked in to Mesquite, I was greeted by Toni, the receptionist at Mesquite.   Toni worked at Gilbert El and she is truly one of the nicest and friendliest people I know.  She showed me the door that they decorated and she had put a picture of a pug on it.  I was being "bribed" and we had a good laugh.

When I went to the office, I ran into Debbie and Jane. Both of them are IA's at Mesquite, but they got their start at Gilbert El.  Debbie is a good friend and I had let her know I was going to be there.

As we walked around the school, I saw so many people that I know.  Many of them started out at Gilbert El and are now working at Mesquite.  I also saw some people that I have known for many years.  It was so awesome.  As Chad said, it was like a mini high school reunion for me!!

About five of the doors had the picture of the pug on them--haha!   It was really hard to chose the best because they were all good.  Some were hilarious and some were designed around what subject the teacher taught.  

When we got to the classroom where Debbie and Jane work, there was the pug again.  They work with Tom Waechter who teaches high functioning students with Autism.  He was also at Gilbert El and is a wonderful teacher and human. Both of his kids were students at Gilbert El and I love his whole family.



I loved their door and if you look closely, you can see the pug (it certainly made the rounds).

I don't know which door won.  It was hard to choose the best one.  It was fun all the way around and was done in good spirit.  

I had such a great morning.  This is truly one of the best parts of being a board member!!

0 remarks: