Wednesday, December 6, 2017

St. Nicholas Day

The year that we lived in Germany, we were able to learn about different traditions.  One of them was St. Nicholas Day, December 6. 

One of the wonderful people who worked on my campaign for the board, has a foreign exchange student from Germany who attends Desert Ridge High.  She is absolutely a darling girl.  

Today she got to stay home from school because of the holiday. She was hungry for German noodles (spaetzle) and I have the machine to make the noodles.   I make them often and they are delicious.

When Angie asked me if I would make them, I asked her if she would like me to make beef stroganoff also as that is my favorite.  I got the "ingredients" on Monday and went over about 3:00.  

I made a loaf of beer bread and "colored" it green for Christmas. They had not had beer bread before and it was a hit.

Anna is absolutely the nicest young lady. She is wise beyond her years.  She amazes me with her outlook on life.

Angie and Chris have two teenage girls of their own so it was a fun dinner.  Chris is such an incredible husband and dad.  He cleaned up the kitchen and that impressed me!

I was so happy to be able to do this for Anna (and Angie)!

 

0 remarks: