Saturday, August 5, 2017

94 years Remembered in 94 Days-Post 29 (Teresa's Last Night at 858)

Friday night so many of our cousins came down for the funeral.   We didn't expect them to all be here.   We went to dinner at the Gadsden, which has the best Mexican food!!!

There were probably 30 family members eating.  I had the fried shrimp which is amazing, but most had Mexican food.

I was going to walk home as it is not that far, but got a ride from some of the some of the cousins.   I thought I was going to be alone until Kerri and Cameron got here.

Judy and Ken brought Teresa's urn over so she could spend one last night at 858.   I hadn't thought about that and I was so touched.   What an emotional month this has been and I would  have never thought that this would be so important.    Love it!!!

So dear Teresa, you loved this house and I love it, too.  I know the day that we sell it, I may never be able to come to Douglas again.   I hope not.   We still have the cabin which has so many incredible memories.    Growing up here was the best and the years we spent when my kids were little in the summers and the five years I lived here can never be taken away.    

Tomorrow will bring closure to a certain extent.   And it will be good to have this part over so we can move on to do what we have to do next.   

I am so blessed in so many ways.  My mom, Teresa and Johnny gave me the foundation that I needed to be who I am today and I will be forever grateful.

Love you, Teresa, and I will miss you so much1!



0 remarks: