Wednesday, September 6, 2017

94 Years Remembered in 94 Days-Post 61 (Donation of Pug Books)

Today I was at the District for a meeting.  After I was leaving, I ran into one of the wonderful librarians at one of the elementary schools, Bonnie Georgvich.  Bonnie and I taught together at Patterson and have been friends for years.  She showed me these two books that she purchased for the library at her school that will be dedicated to Teresa.  She wanted me to bring them home to have Kerri and Judy read them.  I love that they are about pugs.   I have posted before that Teresa wasn't too excited for the pugs to be in Douglas, but they became her best friends.  She loved them and they loved her.  She was with them all day and they were a lot of company to her.   

When we were growing up, we always had pets.  But they had their place.  The pugs changed everything because they slept with me and when I got up to go to work, they immediately went to bed with her.  And then they sat on her lap all day long.  They kept her warm and they kept her happy.  She loved them all, but she especially loved Diego.   

Thank you to Bonnie for doing this as Teresa's name will be in these books at the library for our kiddos to enjoy!!!  

I am hoping to be able to go read to the kids these books and some of my other favorites!!!



The only problem (if it is a problem) is there are no black pugs in these books and we had all three of the black pugs in Douglas.   I still miss my Lucy.


A little funny story.  When I saw Bonnie in the parking lot, she said, "Well hello, Tramp."   She said it in front of another board member and didn't realize that is who I was with.  So I had to explain that our relationship goes back many years.  We had a good laugh about it.  

When I took the books back to the school, I told her principal what she had done!  We had a good laugh.   I then went to visit my friend, Dottie, who is now teaching fifth grade there.    She was explaining to her class that I was the board president.  So one of the kids asked if I could become President of the U.S. so we could get rid of Trump and all of the kids started cheering and clapping.  I got so tickled.   So in the course of one hour, I went from  Tramp to Trump.  I think I would rather be TRAMP!!!

0 remarks: