Monday, September 11, 2017

94 Years Remembered in 94 Days-Post 66 (A special gift--a windchime)

I know this is a little hard to see, but I wanted this wind chime put up immediately in our backyard.   It came in the mail a few days ago from Katy, one of Patrick's friends that he taught with here in Gilbert.   Katy is a wonderful human being and I have enjoyed getting to know her through the years.  Plus she thinks the world of Patrick, as he does her.
Here is what she wrote:
Sheila and family,
I was so sorry to hear of the loss of your beloved Aunt Teresa.  I felt honored to have met her the few times I did....I loved her smile and the twinkle in her eye.
I was trying to think of something appropriate to mark her passing and this is what I came up with....I know your family loves to gather and celebrate one another's company...  I am guessing over the years, maybe some wine could have been enjoyed.  So, I thought a wind chime made from a green bottle to honor the Irish heritage, also the Celtic cross to honor Teresa's Heavenly journey and I always listen and look for my lost loved ones in nature.   I hope when you hear it chime, you think of Teresa and all who loved her.  I know you have many happy memories to comfort you and bring you peace.
Be Well,
Katy
Thank you, Katy, for this beautiful wind chime.  I have already heard it chime and it makes me think about Teresa.  Your beautiful words are also cherished. 

0 remarks: