Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Another Story About My Mom at Loretto

After my post yesterday about my mom and her brother, Tom, I remembered another story.

When my mom was in about second or third grade, she got into some trouble with some other kids in her class.  The nun put everyone in a corner, but there weren't enough corners, so she put Margaret under her desk because she was tiny. 

This particular nun had a limp and she told the class that she had a wooden leg. So my mom "pinched" sister's leg to see if it was true and it wasn't.

After her "punishment" was over and she returned to her desk, she passed a note around the class telling the other students that Sister did not have a wooden leg because she had pinched it.  Needless to say, the note was intercepted.

Our grandfather was called and went to Loretto.  My mom told me that the principal asked her to leave for a few minutes and then had her come back in. At the time she didn't know why, but years later found out it was because the principal and Grandpa Scott got a bit of a laugh out of it.  Having been an elementary principal, I can tell you there were many occasions when this happened!

What spunk she had all of her life!!

0 remarks: