Monday, November 27, 2017

Winding up the Weekend

Since I have retired "almost completely," every day is a holiday (sort of).  I don't have to be anywhere unless I chose to be. It has been nice to not have a regular schedule. I really thought I would have a problem with this after 44 plus years of working and prior to that, being a student.  

Since July, 2015, I still had so many responsibilities.  With Teresa being either at Judy's, at the group home or here at my house, I always had something.  After her passing in July, things didn't settle down for me until after 858 was cleaned out.  That basically was mid October. 

For the past six weeks, I have been living alone. I can say that I am really enjoying it.  We will see how long it lasts. I can do what I want, when I want, etc.  I am not responsible for any other person (other than the pugs and they follow me everywhere I go).

I am fortunate to have a wonderful circle of friends so I usually have something to do or somewhere to be.  That changes on a holiday weekend as everyone is involved with family "things."  

Thursday and Friday, I fixed dinner and had company.  Saturday and Sunday were relaxing and I didn't have anything to do or to do anything.  

I am glad the "regular" week is starting tomorrow (and I know I am one of the few who is looking forward to Monday).   I need to be busy and I have a few things going this week.  I look forward to that.

It is still so hard to wrap my brain around this.  For the past 67 years, all of my holidays have been around my immediate and extended family. Things have changed and it is a good change.  I just need to get used to it!!

So tomorrow I hope to go to a basketball game at Highland High.  I will post more about that later. We have a Board Meeting Tuesday night.  I need to start scheduling times to get to schools and meet with  principals.  I know that for me, the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas break, were the most difficult of the year for a variety of reasons.

I am so happy to be able to write again. My writing isn't that great with what I am doing. I really am going to look into taking a class on writing as I enjoy it so much.  It is "therapy" for me.

I hope that someday in the distant future, my kids and other family members will look back on this blog and find family stories and information that will help them remember the wonderful family that we come from.  That is why I have done so much.  

I still have some boxes to go through.  I do a little bit every day trying to keep us with all of it.  I am getting close to going through everything and hope to file it in boxes for posterity or send it some of my cousins.  It has been quite a journey!!!

0 remarks: