Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Miner Webster--800 Victories as High School Basketball Coach


Monday night I was able to attend the Highland High School girls' basketball game.   Highland's girls' basketball is one of the top rated programs in the state of Arizona.   This night would be (and was) Coach Miner Webster's 800th win as a girls' basketball coach in Arizona which made him the winningest (is that a word?) girls' coach and second winningest of both boys' and girls' programs.
 
Miner's son, Aaron, was one of my wonderful kiddos at Gilbert El.  When he was in second grade, Highland was in the state championship in about 1994.  I went to the game with Connie Honaker, (founding principal of Highland High) that Saturday night at the Sun's arena (can't remember what it was called at that time).  I just remember walking in and Aaron was so excited to see me there.  I loved him and still love that we have kept in touch.  I got a big hug from him tonight.  He just had his third child, a little girl.  
 
Miner is a class act.  I also was able to go to one of his state championships when Alyssa Heeman (another Gilbert El kiddo and Louise's daughter) played when she was at Highland.  I believe he won at least one or two state championships when he coached at Gilbert High.  
 
It was a great evening and it makes all of the hard work that I have done for the past several months worthwhile.  I love GPS and I continue to be so proud to still be a part of this wonderful district and community!


0 remarks: