Tuesday, November 14, 2017

My Mom's Last Election

November is election month for the most part.  But local elections such as city councils can be in the spring. I found these from my mom's final election in 1992.  She first ran in 1984 and served from 1984-88 and ran and won re-election in 88.  She ran for the final time in 1992 which would have ended her term in 1996 when she was 79. She served a total of 12 years.  I hope I have her endurance.  She was a definite asset to the City of Douglas and I learned so much from her. 

Here are some of the ads from the newspaper in 1992:

I have thought that I would run one term and I definitely have been able to make some important things happen.  I will have to decide whether to run for a second term.  I HATE the financial piece and if I can find someone to help me raise money and to report it to the county,  then maybe I will. Election finance is very strict, as it should be. However, the county website is NOT user friendly and it was a nightmare every time we had to fill out the paperwork!



0 remarks: