Sunday, November 5, 2017

Cabin Visit



Had a wonderful weekend at the cabin with Elise and Jessie.  I went down on Friday after an awards assembly for a special principal that I will post about later.   I went down on I10 and went to the New Mexico state line instead of going through Douglas.    It is the same amount of time, and I just can't go back to Douglas right now.   

The weather was wonderful.   We had a fire outside and inside.   On Friday, there was a full moon.  The picture above shows it.  It was so bright you couldn't even see the stars.

The leaves are starting to change.  The bright yellows and oranges were beautiful. The peace and quiet is so relaxing.

Friday night, we were getting ready to grill steaks and all of a sudden a skunk comes down the road and turns into the cabin driveway.  Jessie and I grabbed the pugs, but the skunk saw us and took off, for that I am thankful!

On Saturday, we went down to the Rodeo Tavern.  I had told Elise that it was open again.  So we went down and had a couple of drinks.  Talk about being in the middle of nowhere at at bar.  There were locals and there were people going through on Highway 80.   It was fun.

I want to be able to keep the cabin.  It has been a part of our family since 1960.   After losing 858, I still need this.  But I also know that we need to use it more often.  

It is my "heaven on earth."




0 remarks: