Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Hurtful Tactics


I found this quote today because of a situation that recently happened.  It is something I have always tried to live by.  Throughout my life, there have been people I haven't liked or who have done something to me that I perceived as a wrong.  I have always tried to "turn the other cheek" so to speak.  Not that I haven't complained to friends...I have and still do!

It never ceases to amaze me that people can be so cruel.  I understand a person not liking another person or having a "grudge" against someone.  However, doing something to hurt that other person is generally something that shows a weakness in character, in my opinion.  

Our current national political climate and our president daily demonstrates a lack of character in the way he treats others and the way he makes fun of people.  It is what is being modeled at the national level. I can only hope that many people see this ugliness for just what it is.....

I have dealt with a few instances of ugliness from people who I know don't like me or who at some time in my career I had to do something that was the right thing to do, but it obviously was hurtful to another human.  I made a vow to myself many years ago that if it ever got easy to made some of these very difficult decisions, that I would need to find a new job.  I can honestly say that it never was easy, but I could live with the difficult decision because it was in the best interest of children and the organization.

I think what people who are petty don't realize is that when they do something that is very petty, it causes people to rally around the person that they are trying to harm and that is exactly what the petty person doesn't want to happen!!!

As my incredible cousin, Cecilia, says, "what goes around, comes around."  I absolutely believe this!!!

 

0 remarks: