Sunday, November 26, 2017

Dirty Daisy Mini Reunion

On Friday, I went over to Kay Benjamin's house to visit with her and another old friend of the Gilbert Junior days, Dawn Hughes.  We were the original Dirty Daisies  and such good friends. 

Although we haven't seen each other in a very long time, it just seemed like yesterday when we got together.  Kay's daughter, Amy, gave us the nicest compliment.  She said that when she was growing up, she loved our passion for teaching and our students and our ability to have a lot of fun, too.

Now that Kay is back in Gilbert and really close by, I hope we can get together more often.  I value these two ladies a lot and their friendship means much!

We laughed about our Dirty Daisy days.  Dawn said when I posted the picture of all of us on her Facebook page, she showed it to her husband and tried to explain it to him.

Today, Kerri found this in a box downstairs when she was cleaning her room.  It is the "Fight Song of the Dirty Daisy Society."

FIGHT SONG
OF THE
DIRTY DAISY SOCIETY
Daring Daisies, white. yellow and black
We're prideful women, always fighting back!
Cultivating and Sowing Strength --
We'll always go to any length--
Our society is tried and true--
Marching faithfully through the do-do!
CHORUS:  See our petals open
See our pistols fall
Rising to occasions
Keeping on the ball!!
Forever sowing gorgeous seeds
To fulfill our glorious needs.
Weeding out corruptive deeds. 
To keep our gardens clean and pure
With nectar sweet--we keep our lure;
And FDS to keep us sure!!
Chorus

Never thought I would get to a point in my life that I reminisce about the "good old days." I have always had fun in any endeavor and try to find the humor in situations.   But those were the "best of times!"   
I am thankful for my wonderful career and the many friends I have garnered on the way! 

I believe that my motto for the rest of my life is "NO REGRETS!"

0 remarks: