Monday, June 15, 2015

An Emotional Day!

Today was my last Monday to get up and go to work.   Although I am excited about that, it was still a very difficult day for me.   I have worked so hard and so long that it doesn't seem possible that all of this is coming to an end.  While I look forward to future possibilities, it is still emotionally draining.

There are so many people who I care so much about.  I am meeting with each one of the District Office employees individually to thank them.  I think I met with about nine today.  Carol, my wonderful secretary, came in after the third or fourth person was there and asked what I was doing them because they all came out with tears in their eyes.  Well the tears were mutual.  I absolutely love so many of the people I work with and saying good-bye and thank you has been very important to me.  These people are incredible and I have been so blessed to work with them.  For me to have this time to individually thank them means so much.  We have developed a mutual respect and I value them so much.   

Tomorrow I continue to meet with more employees.  The hugs and conversations have meant the world to me.  

What an incredible journey this has been.  I am so glad that the positives outweigh the negatives and I feel sorry for the people who can only find fault and do not see the good. 

0 remarks: