Monday, June 1, 2015

Curacao--Day 3


Today we got up early and headed to the beach.   We headed to Knip Bay as we read that it is one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean.   And it was...  I have been a bit hesitant to get in the water as it is colder than I like, but I did and once I got in, it was great.  I am a good swimmer so I swam out to the platform and jumped off twice.  The weather warmed up considerably so it made it that much easier.  

We had heard that we should be there early because it fills up fast.  When we got there, not very many people were there.  However, it did fill up fast!!  

After a couple of hours we decided to go get something to eat and headed out.  Stopped at a local place.  I am not great about trying "new" kinds of foods.  I am not a typical "picky" eater, but there are limits.  I had pumpkin soup and it wasn't very good!!!  

We decided to stop at a "full service" beach--Playa Abao.  It was great!  They had all of the amenities that we didn't have at the other beach--like food, drink, etc.  Patrick rented a couple of snorkeling masks and I snorkeled for the first time in my life!  IT WAS AMAZING!!!  And I am looking forward to being able to do more later this week.  Cameron loved it, too, and it was great to have him enjoy something like this!!!

0 remarks: