Monday, June 8, 2015

Back to Reality

The wonderful Caribbean vacation has ended and I am back in Douglas and back to reality!  What a great eight days it was.   Curacao is a beautiful country!  I was impressed that it isn't a tourist trap and the people are totally laid back and genuinely nice.    It was so relaxing and will enable me to make it through the next two weeks and the end of this part of my journey.

Yesterday was a very long day.  We left for the airport about 5:00 a.m. and flew to Miami.  We got to Miami around 11:30 and got through Customs.  I don't know what I was thinking (or not thinking) about the return trip.  Our flight didn't leave until 8:00 p.m. so we had a very long layover at the airport.  I read an entire book so that was a good thing. 

Got back to Gilbert around 11 p.m so basically we had almost been up for 24 hours.   I am tired, but it is a good tired.

Teresa and I drove back to Douglas today and got here about 4:45.   Had quite a bit of rain around St. David and Tombstone.  It is cloudy and cool here right now.

I have to be at work at 6:30 tomorrow morning as we are on our 4 day/10 hour work week now.  Have  a Board meeting tomorrow night.    I will be finishing up with my job as superintendent over the next two weeks--packing my office and packing my things here at 858. 

What a journey these past five years have been!  There have been good times and bumps, but overall, it has been a wonderful experience! 

0 remarks: