Friday, June 5, 2015

Curacao--Day 7

We didn't have anything planned today and it ended up being a great adventure.   We went National Park and it was amazing.  We went to a cave that was formed by the water.  I have so many pictures, but I am going to have to post them when I get back to AZ as I have them on several devices.    We went into the cave where the water was rushing and I have to say it was an incredible experience.   The name of the of the park was Sheteboka.   

Even though the weather here is almost always the same--85 high and 79 low, it was hot because we were in the sun.   So after we went into the cave, we went to another beach.  I loved being able to get into the water and cool off.  Cameron and Kerri wanted to eat and Kerri ordered some kind of local meat balls that were interesting, to say the least.

We then went to a couple of other beaches just to see what they were like.  Everything was  beautiful everywhere, and all were very different.

 We had lunch at a local place.  I wasn't going to eat as I am not a risk taker with local food.  Eduardo ordered us a sandwich to split and it was great.  It had steak, chicken, bacon and hot dogs with some kind of great sauce.  I would have NEVER ordered it and ended up really enjoying it.

After we finished with the beaches, we went back to downtown and had dinner at the same restaurant as last night.  It was happy hour which means that when you order one drink, you get two!!!  What fun!!


When we got back to the villa, we went swimming in the pool and it was great.  Right now I am so relaxed and ready for a good night's sleep.

Tomorrow is our last day in paradise.   We have nothing planned, which is a good thing.  Plus we have to be at the airport at 4:00 a.m. Sunday which should be quite an adventure!!!    

I can say that this has been the best vacation for me and I have so enjoyed spending this quality time with my kids!!   

1 remarks:

Nancy Proffitt said...

I am so happy for all of you being able to have this wonderful experience!!!