Monday, June 29, 2015

Celebrating 50 Years of Marriage!

Today we head back to Nashville to take Teresa and Yaya to the airport.  Cameron, Kerri and I are spending the night there tonight after we take them to the airport.   We have had the BEST weekend celebrating the marriage of my cousins, Kathy and Lynn.   I had the honor of being a bridesmaid at their wedding in January, 1965 when I was still in high school.    And to be here to celebrate their 50 years together has been truly great.

Saturday night was a dinner and dance at the local country club.  Their three children and spouses put all of this together and each spoke of their parents love for each other.  A couple of their grandchildren also spoke.  It was so nice.

We have had such a great weekend.  Teresa loves to be with family and I am so glad that we were able to make this happen for her.   I can see the toll it takes on her in terms of how tired she gets.  But she loves it and everyone loves her and that is what is most important.

I love talking and visiting with our cousins.   They are not just cousins, but truly friends and I love them!   So thanks to everyone for the wonderful time!  It has been great!

0 remarks: