Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Curacao--Day 5





Today we had to get up very early--not a good thing when on vacation--because we were heading to an island on a boat.  We had to be there by 6:45.   Eduardo had planned all of it for us.    So all of us were ready to go and actually got there on time--amazing!  

We headed out on a fairly large boat.   Kerri, Cam and I were  sitting on the top deck.  The majority of people on the boat spoke Dutch so I am assuming they were from the Netherlands.  The wind was blowing and we were going against the waves--an amusement park couldn't have provided a better ride (and theirs are over in 60 seconds or less)!  I had to hold on with both hands to keep from getting bumped from side to side!!   Several people on top with us were starting to get sea sick--not a pretty sight.

We got to Klein Island in about an hour and a half.  They had breakfast for us which was a ham and cheese sandwich (one piece of ham and one piece of cheese on a long bun), a raisin bread roll, banana and juice.  We got our chairs under a shade and the water again was beautiful.  I fell asleep for some time and fortunately didn't get sunburned. 

I wanted to snorkel again and it is such fun.   Every time I tried to go out into the ocean, the waves kept knocking me back!!  It was funny. Either Eduardo or Patrick had to come and help me.   The waves are much stronger there and the beach wasn't quite as well kept as it is a deserted island.  But I think I have found something I want to do again.

There is an old lighthouse and a shipwreck that we walked to see.  It was really beautiful. They also provided a good lunch.  As I said, I didn't think I was a picky eater, but I am not a fan of different food.  They had ribs, chicken, beef, rice, potato salad, etc.  I had the ribs and chicken and they were great.

Leaving was quite the "ceremony" and it took us about an hour to get on the boat and packed up.  The ride back was very smooth, considering the ride there.   

It was a most enjoyable day and I thank Eduardo for setting this up for all of us!!!!
   

0 remarks: